Kinghorn Systems Engineering
Phone: (250) 426-2158 Fax: (250) 426-2039
Kinghorn Systems Engineering provides implementation services for Enterprise Optimizer® modeling as follows:
Construction of initial models:
- We build your enterprise flow in Enterprise Optimizer® (see examples at EO GUI Flow Diagrams) to reflect real operational characteristics of your business. We have years of experience in direct industrial operation management so have a keen understanding of what makes a model useful
- We also build customized user dashboards. Dashboards are selected views into the data so that there is no more searching of tables to find where to change data or view results. We build the queries to select only the data that the specific user of that dashboard is wanting to see. The dashboards we build are the things that have the greatest positive impact on the modeling experience for our users... By far!
- We collect your data to drive the model and then link it into a customized import tool (usually in MS Access or MS Excel). The import tool will sort and/or aggregate the data to put it in the proper format for the model and will do it in an easy-to-follow structure for your own people to follow. It also provides a simple method of adding new raw materials, process rates and yields, products, costs and prices into the model
- Kinghorn Systems Engineering validates the model to ensure that the model accurately reflects reality. We will use data from an historical period, constrain the model to flows for that period and then make adjustments so that the resulting flows and financials match what happened in the historical time period. This step is critically important so that the model has credibility with the users and management.
- All of the above is possible only because Enterprise Optimizer® has such a great set of features.
Training of your users. Kinghorn Systems Engineering provides both on-site and web-based customized training on your model. Web-based training can be arranged in minutes if need be. You will see your model being manipulated by our trainer or vice versa if you want hands-on remote training. Our objective is to make your people self-sufficient in running your model so that you will have minimal dependence on us... although we will continue to be available as need be.
Custom software for developing data for areas like bucking yields from plantation forests that will interface directly with Enterprise Optimizer.Porting of data from other vendor's models to Enterprise Optimizer®
Generation of log, lumber and chip yield data for the model through the use of true-shape scanning and sawing simulation (see our Recovery and Yield Studies page)
Back to Enterprise Optimization